The 12 Days of Christmas

So you all know the song, The Twelve Days of Christmas... well, some SWEET family chose us to do a very kind act that goes along with this song. A gift arrived on our front porch every night for the 12 days leading up to Christmas (in this case it was 11 days, because we left for Spokane on Christmas eve). The gift would resemble the applicable verse that went along with that day. Each night our door bell would ring (as long as we weren't in the front room) and a gift was left on our porch with no one in sight to thank! By the third day I had figured out the routine and found myself frequently turning on our front porch light to see if something was there yet. It was like a kid who couldn't wait for Christmas... I just couldn't wait for the SMILE that was put on my face each time I found our surprise. What a wonderful Christmas tradition this would be to start as a family. A big THANK YOU goes out to whoever it was that made us feel so special!



Oh, how fun! Someone (actually 2 someones!) did that for us last year, and it helped us so much. The first time after Benjamin's death that I remember looking forward to something was when we were receiving those daily gifts.
The Krispy Kreme pictures are making me DROOL. :) Ooh, and the Breyers', too. Yum.
This is an awesome idea! I told my Mom about it and she said she wanted to do that next year! Looks like you guys had fun on your trip too. God Bless...Hope you guys are doing well!
That IS so cool! I need to do that with my kids...I think when they get a bit older. It really does make people feel great! Nice you guys had that happen for you ;o)