My Birthday Weekend!!!!





Yeahhhhhhh for Birthdays!!!!!

After a crazy and fun week in Utah I returned home for a 2 day celebration of my birthday with Davy, only to leave again. This time I am going to Baltimore for a week for a seminar on cabinet design (I have become quite the traveler these days). On Saturday I will be able to actually check out the city and sites! I am very excited.

My Birthday was very nice even though I had to go to work. Everyone at work made it a special day for me (thanks Linda and Krystal). Bill (my boss) brought in fried catfish, it was definitely the perfect way to celebrate my birthday with an Arkansas classic. And yes... it was my first time trying catfish and I must say it is pretty good! They also brought me a big cake with crazy twisty candles and sang to me. That evening Dave took me out for a tasty dinner to Bonefish Grill. It was wonderful food (I tried the salmon w/ a Japaneses sauce) and they even had my all time favorite dessert, Creme Brulee! We then went home and just lounged because I was so tired from traveling like made. Dave gave me a Bose sound system for my computer and I must say it is pretty sweet! I am pretty sure it was just as much a gift for him as it was for me :) . Oh, please observe the Christmas wrapping paper he wrapped it in (above picture). He cracks me up... such a guy thing to do!


We planned to carry out the celebrations into day two of my time home but that was suddenly changed when Dave called and woke me up Saturday morning at around 8:30 (yes I was still in bed at 8:30- it was a long week) to inform me that he had severely hurt his ankle playing basketball at the church and that a few of the guys would be bringing him home. He insisted that he was not going to go to the doctor, but me being the girl I am immediately called back to say that I would be taking him to the Instacare.



We spent a good portion of our day there taking X-rays and such. The verdict... a level 2 sprain, meaning that he would be on crutches for 6 weeks and would go through physical therapy. So not only had his terrible wife already left him for a week but now I was going to leave him with a bad right ankle on crutches for another week. I wasn't even sure if he would be able to drive but he took the car out for a cruise around the block to test it out and he survived. It was a pretty disturbing sprain, he has a lump about the diameter of a tennis ball sticking out from the side of his foot and about the depth of a golf ball. I didn't have my camera so I took pics with my camera phone (and trust me it doesn't do it Justice). So basically day two home was not spent celebrating my birthday but rather taking care of my husband. He was even going to make me home made carrot cake, I guess it will just have to wait till next year. I felt so bad leaving him this morning.




Anonymous –   – (17/6/08 11:31 AM)  

happy birthday! i didn't even know i'm such a terrible friend. well better late than never. and i didn't know you favorite dessert is creme brulee. so is mine. we really are awesome:)

wow. poor davey:( that bruise looks pretty nastey. get better soon.

mjs ashworth  – (17/6/08 12:35 PM)  

Happy Birthday! I love the Christmas wrapping, I actually just wrapped Mat's Father's Day gift in inside out Christmas paper!
Daves ankle makes me hurt! I hope he is feeling better soon!

birdeeb  – (6/4/09 1:56 AM)  

YUM! Salmon is my fave & I LOVE Creme Brulee!! I should try the Bonefish Grill here...we have one! The Christmas wrapping paper made me LOL.

Ahh now I know what he did to his leg...they should give warnings out about church ball! LOL

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP