The Real Reason for the Season
The following has become one of my favorite Christmas poems. It is the only poem I know entirely by heart. I think so often we forget what the true meaning of Christmas is really about. I am so grateful for the Saviors birth and for the sacrifice he made on our behalf. There is something very magical about this time of year and it goes far beyond lights, Christmas tree's, and presents. During all of the hustle and bustle, I hope we all can take the time to reflect on our Savior. After all, it is the real reason for the season...
Every year on my Christmas tree
I hang a nail for all to see
For the nails of the Manger
where the Christ Child lay
To those piercing His body
as his life drained away.
A reminder of love
midst the green tree
Of the gift that was given
for you and for me
Hanging there brightly
on its little red cord
on its little red cord
telling of Jesus,
Our Savior, Our Lord
It has become one of our family traditions to hang a nail on our tree. I would encourage you to do the same, so that we are all reminded of the real reason for the season... our Saviors Birth.



Love it, and I think we will adopt this tradition! :) Thanks for such a great idea. I am so thankful we have the chance each year to really focus on and celebrate the birth, life, sacrifice, and resurection, of our Savior.
So I'm totally stealing your idea and making little nail ornaments to put in my Christmas cards, along with the poem. Thanks! ;-)
AMEN! love that idea:)
agreed. good call kara. yet another reason i like you guys.
Hey Kara! We loved the Christmas card. I guess I did give you our info:) Also I love love love the music you have, I keep coming to your blog to listen to it. Thanks!
I love that idea. Thank you.
My aunt gave me a nail to hang on my tree with a poem like that...not sure if it's the same one. I thought it was a really neat idea.