Garvan Gardens
>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009 –
Photography,
Travel
So I am very behind on a few posts, but eventually I will get caught up...I promise. At the end of March (yes, I really am that behind), we took a trip down to Hot Spring, AR to visit Garvan Garden all to see their "Tulip Extravaganza". It was suppose to be peak blooming season for tulips along with several other colorful spring flowers.
We had been experiencing beautiful spring time weather surrounding our trip, but the weekend we were available to go was far but nice. Nonetheless, I was still very determined to go considering tulips are one of my favorite flowers. We bundled up with coats, scarves, hats, and gloves and went out in the 35 degree weather to walk the gardens (I know it doesn't seem that cold, I mean I did live in Utah for 5 years- but if you would had seen the weather we had the weeks before, you would understand).
I was super excited to take some good photograph's of the gardens and all the tulips...but I was pretty unsuccessful. First disappointment: I pulled my tripod out and proceeded to set it up and as I went to mount my camera, I realized I had removed my tripod shoe from the bottom of my camera and had left it at home-therefore no tripod. Second disappointment: It was terribly windy, not to mention I could hardly hold my camera still because I was shaking from the cold. Third disappointment: Most all of the tulips had withered away or looked pretty pitiful from the cold storm and weather we had received.
Even though I find the images less than great, I figured I would share a few that turned out alright.



I think these are beautiful images. Wow, check out the color. Love you guys!
Great pictures! I LOVE the picture of the flowers that are yellow & pink!! PRETTY!
Well I still think the pictures are gorgeous; you're so talented at photography!!
such beautiful pictures kara! you're such an inspiration to me in so many ways!!!
ps. that last photo is my favorite! i just love it!!!
Beautiful pictures Kara! You have such a talent!
You need to teach me everything you know.