Lets Talk About the Weather...



These images are all from a storm several weeks ago, but I am just barely getting around to posting them. The clouds were crazy looking, but very beautiful at the same time. It was close to sunset and Dave and I just sat outside and watched the clouds as they rapidly changed into an amazing blanket of deep blues and grays filled with texture and depth. Living in Arkansas, I find myself talking, posting, or commenting about the weather a lot. I guess since I didn't grow up around any of this it seems to be kind of exciting.

I was warned when I first moved here, by a seasoned Arkansas Resident, that I would become a bit of a weather fanatic. At the time, I am not sure I understood what she meant, but after living here over a year, it has become more clear. You have to understand and know the weather in this part of the country so you are prepared for it. Whether it be you put a little extra Frizz Ease in your hair that morning, you don't go out because your car might be swept away by flood waters, or you bunker down for the night in your closet to keep safe from a tornado, it is always necessary to be ready for whatever is headed your way that day!

Amy Jenks  – (6/5/09 11:06 PM)  

Those are gorgeous pictures! I understand what you are saying about becoming a weather fanatic...
Oh, and we are moving a little closer to you (than we are currently). We're heading to St. Louis at the end of June! Oh, I think you already knew that from my blog...

echo  – (7/5/09 12:57 AM)  

those are crazy/awesome pictures.

Natalie  – (7/5/09 10:44 AM)  

Love the pics! If Arkansas is like Kentucky, the weather people on the news NEVER get the weather right...if they say it will be warm and sunny, we plan on rain and if they say rain, we plan on sun!

Michelle  – (7/5/09 1:18 PM)  

Gorgeous. I've really gotten into weather, too, since living here, out of sheer desperation to be prepared!
This last round was awful in our neighborhood. Several homes flooded. Again.

mjs ashworth  – (8/5/09 2:31 AM)  

such amazing pictures! I hope you are feeling good, and recovering quickly. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

birdeeb  – (16/5/09 9:50 PM)  

I went to AR in 1996 for 2 weeks & I came back a weather fanatic...so I know what you are talking about ;o) Those pictures are amazing! I would probably have been freaked out watching those clouds... ;o)

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP