Going Home
It's hard to say that I am going home, when "Home" has only been "Home" for a month (and 2 weeks of that were spent in Spokane)! But it always feels like Home when you are going to the one you love. We survived the two weeks apart, but it certainly wasn't easy being gone for that long. I think I had the easier time being surrounded by family rather than Dave, who came home every night to an empty house.
I had a wonderful time in Spokane and I leaned so much about both the joys and challenges of a new baby. It was so fun spending time with my sister-in-law and getting to know her better, especially when I don't have a sister of my own. I also was able to help them with the kitchen remodel. I learned how to cut and set, grout, and seal tile. We also painted the cabinets. Abby was so fun and cute. I will miss her a ton, she brought so many smiles to my face! And for the record I did improve on my pig-tails ability while I was there.
The flight from Spokane to Little Rock makes for a long day of travel and I loose two hours on top of it. I started my morning with a 9:30 arrival at the airport. I am now in Las Vegas for my 2 and a half hour layover (which might have been fun and exciting if I gambled-but I don't, so instead I get to sit here and blog as I listen to the annoying sound of the slots going everywhere in the background). I then depart for Little Rock at 3:40 and arrive at 9:55.
I also get the pleasure of supporting the ridiculous cost of airport food. I just love paying 9 bucks for a measly quesadilla with chips and salsa and water bottle ($3.49) which I am afraid to drink to much of because I don't want to have to use to plane lavatories. But with all that said, I get more and more brave each time I fly. I calculated it up and I have flown 12 times in 5 months. That may not be a lot to some of you, but for me that is a lot of flying. I have left the snowy weather of Spokane only to return to the rainy and stormy weather of Arkansas. Bon Voyage!



Afraid of plain lavatories?, Kara you crack me up! You'll be even more affraid of plain lavatories once you fly alone with a baby and have to change his diaper durning terbulance and then have to use the restroom yourself. (if you couldn't tell Preston and I had our first flight alone) It's a true story, honest to blog. And no sisters! I'm hurt...(lol). We're sisters in the gospel baby and that's all you need:) Anyway, I hope your new place is comming together nicely. You'll have to post some pics once you get settled. Wow, this is a really long comment. I wonder if I should keep typing to see how long it can go... really is there a character limit on these things. Just kigging, well, hope your all good.
Oh, and also you'll have to check out my little photography slide show on my blog and tell me what you think of my amature photography skills. You know...because I really trust your oppinion.
I swear I'm almost done, I just wanted to say you little niece is so adorable. I lover he pigtails:)
I LOVE the picture of the baby sucking it's thumb!! Awwwww YAY Amber & Jon (sp)!!