Mr. Lizard, Our Backyard Friend
We (okay, I) were so excited when we spotted this little guy crawling up the side of our house today. I have never seen a lizard this color in real life. The lizards in New Mexico, are made to blend in with their surroundings, hence, they are pretty much the color of dirt! But this little guy was bright green and very cool looking. I yelled out to Dave so he could come and see and we caught him to check him out (we have become quite the outdoor wildlife adventurists- we are also raising baby tadpoles). As we were looking at him we found a tick attached to his belly (probably the reason we were actually able to catch him). That nasty tick probably would have sucked the blood out of him till there was no more left, so we removed it and rescued Mr. Lizard! I was just so excited I had to share the pictures. Any idea's for a name for our new little friend?



What an amazing rescue! You guys could be on Animal Cops! --he's so pretty too.
I think he looks like a Charles, or perhaps Winston.
he is so cute. i think he looks like a kirby... yep.
I would suggest Lizzy but you already deemed him a boy. ;-) That was our old fall back name for lizards we caught in NM as kids.
I love the lizzard he is so cute and im so glad you saved him. I would name him waldo.