As you know, I am here in Spokane helping my Sister-in-law. She just had her baby on Thursday and this is the first chance I have had to make a post since I have been here! Both mother and baby are healthy and well. He was 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 19 inches long. They finally chose a name after much deliberation. His name is Joshua Robert Oliphant. You can check out their blog to see all of the pictures (He is a cutie). I have included the link below:


I have had lots of fun being an Auntie. Me and Abby (her other little one) have had lots of fun and I am learning alot about what it takes to be a mother! I felt so bad, I have tried multiple times to do her hair in pig tails like her mother always does-but it always looks terrible and by the end of the day it is a mess and falling out. I guess I have a lot to learn before I am prepared motherhood. It has been a big eye opener as to what it takes. My heart goes out to all you mom's! Although it seems to be exhausting-I can't wait for my chance!
Oh sweetie, I wouldn't worry too much about the pig tails--as I'm sure you know, motherhood would be easy if it were just about pig tails:)
You look so cute holding that little bunddle of joy. Be patient your time will come. (Hope your sister-in-law is recovering well)
Don't worry. Ability to do hair is not on the list of what makes a good mom...especially when you don't have any girls or your baby is almost bald like mine. =)
Your chance to be a mom will hopefully come sooner than later and when it does, you'll grow into it.
At least you are trying to do her hair. I can't say the same for dirty diapers! Thanks for holding the bag though!
Kara,it looks like you had a great time with your sister, Amber and the baby. Thanks for sharing your life happenings with us on your blog. I love being updated this way. Take care. Hayley
Abby is adorable! That's awesome that you got to go & help! My sister-in-law came & helped me with my 1st and I was SOOO glad she was there! When she left I spent 3 months sleeping on the couch with my baby because I worried he would choke in the night...so yeah it's hard! My mother-in-law came and helped when I had my 2nd and there was one day my husband kept making me pop these narcotics (not realizing that it was keeping me asleep...) and my mother-in-law at one point said to him, "she shouldn't be sleeping that long..." We didn't realize the drugs were sleeping pills haha...but after that day of rest I felt amazing! ;o)