Roadtrip


I am so sorry it has taken us so long to post about our move! It has been very hectic and we have not had Internet service and won't until the 13th (I am currently at the public library). The move went about as smoothly as expected. There was a lot of fear about bad weather but we didn't seem to catch any of it. We crossed five states in 3 days (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas). Luckily the ugliest part of the drive, Texas, we did in the dark (although, I am not sure it would have mattered too much to me- all I did was stare at the back of a Budget Moving Truck for three days straight)! The dogs did great and thought that staying in a hotel was pretty cool! Their other favorite thing to do was clean my car windows for me (so sweet of them)! On day two, we stopped for a bite to eat at a fun restaurant in Amarillo, Texas where they offer a 72 oz. steak for free if you can finish it all in an hour! I wish I could say we did it, but instead we opted for a 21 oz. steak which we shared between the two of us and still had leftovers! They did have one of the 72 oz. steaks on display and it was about 3 inches thick and 10 inches in diameter! Now when they say "everything is bigger in Texas" they aren't joking! We both had walkey talkies and communicated through them, along with singing each other songs and informing each other what we were listening to! It was a memorable trip. The following slide show includes some images from our three day road trip.


On day three, we arrived in Little Rock around 3:30 and had to rush to the title companies office to sign papers and get the keys to our new house. We were very stressed that we weren't going to make it-but we did.


Once we arrived, we had to wait for the title lady to show up and Dave sat down and it looked like all the stress and exhaustion from the trip was catching up to him. He looked pooped (I wish I had a picture, but he wouldn't let me take one)!



Once that was complete we arrived to our new house we smiles on our face and a huge sense of relief! We let the dogs into the back yard fist thing and they new they were home.
They ran from one side to the other about 10 times and were very excited to have a place to run and play of their own (with grass-which of course was initiated very quickly)! We really love the scenery here- it is beautiful and green! The people are very friendly (there is certainly something to that southern hospitality). Everyone always waves when you drive down a street, all of our neighbors immediately came over and met us and offered their help with whatever we needed, and the people at church went out of their way to introduce themselves. Come visit soon!!!!!

Ryan  – (10/3/08 4:30 PM)  

Congratulations! It's pretty much a bad day when you have to sign your life away. Glad you made it safe!
Ryan

Anonymous –   – (10/3/08 6:28 PM)  

It so great to hear you are safe and sound. Congradulations! We'll seriously have to consider a road trip out there to see you guys!--plus you guys haven't met little Preston yet. I'm also glad to hear you didn't have to have your passports to make it through Texas:) haha, I know, I'll only do one "Texas thinks they are their own country" joke:) We miss you guys and hope all the unpacking goes well!

mjs ashworth  – (11/3/08 5:04 PM)  

We are so happy you made it safely! We wish you the best of luck on your new adventure... Also I misplaced(suprise, suprise) your new address so if you could get it to me that would be great! email me at jesicaashworth@msn.com

Amy Jenks  – (11/3/08 11:51 PM)  

Congrats!!! I'm glad you guys made it out here and that everything went pretty smooth. The trip from the west to the midwest is just not very fun.

Melissa  – (13/3/08 12:00 AM)  

Congrats on your move! It sounds like you guys are already doing well there. I found your blog through Ryan and Hayley's, it's cute! If you want to check ours out it is
http://www.newbolds3.blogspot.com/
I will be adding you to our friends list so we can keep updated on your adventures in Arkansas!
-Melissa Newbold

birdeeb  – (6/4/09 2:24 AM)  

Seriously if we are ever in the area we will look you guys up!

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP